Friday, January 12, 2007

News from India

Kerriann can't really post to the blog, so I thought I'd put some things up here that I've learned from the very brief conversations I've had with her, either through crappy phone calls or instant message chats.

1. London is very expensive, and you can gamble in the Heathrow airport (if you're rich).
2. The airline she took from London to India had tons of great TV viewing options and fostered insomnia.
3. A thirteen and a half hour time difference takes a long time to unjetlag.
4. Rail transportation in India is unreliable, and friendly people are not always trustworthy.
5. The Taj Mahal is breathtaking.
6. It's really f**king hot in southern India.

7. The locals think she's Japanese.
8. After eating Indian food for three meals a day, every day, for six days, you hit your Indian food wall (most things are pretty spicy).
9. Building houses for six hours a day, with breaks every 1.5-2 hours, leaves you exhausted at the end of the day.
10. Good health has been the norm, with a few queasy episodes.
11. The puppy is missed (I think I am too).

There you have it, folks. That's about all I've learned in twelve days from the other side of the world. I hope it was as good for you as it was for me.

No comments: