Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Countdown Has Begun

Only 49 hours until Kerriann arrives in Oakland, starting right..........now! I've taken the day off from work to celebrate this fantabulous occasion. I've cleaned the house, I'll wash the dog, I may even do some of HER laundry. The first thing she wants to do is shower, but THEN go out for Zachary's pizza and a big ol' salad. And then probably sleep. If I let her. I have so many questions about what the hell she's been up to.

We are not good at maximizing our information transfer during our extremely brief phone calls. During our last call we made the plans I've outlined above, and talked about whether or not she made a four hour phone call to Iowa in November. Plus the calls are hard to have on my end, because every time I say something, I then hear myself repeat it in the echo of the phone. If my comment isn't brief enough, I start to hear myself WHILE I'm talking, and I get confused about what I'm saying. It's like she's on the moon or something, and I have that six second delay in transmission. Houston, I think we have a problem.

I just hope she doesn't get stuck in London on the way home. What's up with the weather these days? Extreme conditions everywhere. California got clobbered with citrus-freezing cold (say goodbye to your oranges and lemons folks), it snowed in LA, and the entire middle of the country, including TX, got snow and ice as well. All this while the east coast enjoyed weather in the 70s. Which in turn caused huge hurricane level wind storms in Europe that shut down the airports and trains and knocked out the power to millions of homes.

Now Kerriann has to come back west through all the havoc. I hope she arrives on time. I have to work on Tuesday.

No comments: