Thursday, September 27, 2012

We're moving to the zeach

Well, we lost the pink beach apartment.  So we're moving to the zeach instead.  The beach-front apartment adjacent to the zoo that I was a bit wary of several weeks ago.  It actually turns out the word I thought I coined to describe the strange placement of my new home is already a snowboarding term, formed from the compression of Zach Leach's names.  I wonder how often that happens to people?  There are only so many combinations of letters in our alphabet, after all, and no, I am NOT going to attempt that math. 

After much anxiety over the decision to live next to a hotbed of perceived tropical diseases just waiting to jump from monkey to human over the fence outside our window, and much anticipation over whether or not we were selected to move in over several other potentially interested people, we will very soon be proud residents of the Blue Lagoon condos. While I don't expect any visits from Brooke Shields, we aren't all that far from a Hooters, and several other points of interest, namely a yummy sushi joint, the largest K-Mart in the world (supposedly, though Wikipedia's source for that factoid is a Guam tourism portal), and a high school I've been wanting to go scout out. 
I'm not really excited about packing, as previously noted, but at least we don't have to schlep things too far.  We only need to move from point A to point B, or about 1.4 miles.  
I was also initially worried about living on the beach, what with typhoons and tsunamis being real things here, but we've got a little heft to the building, no thatched roofs or anything, so I'm starting to get excited.  We sort of figured, if we're going to live on an island, we should feel like we're living on an island. This place does just that.  Here's our beach, and a view of our building.  All those trees are hiding the zoo.

These are the southwest and northeast views of Tumon Bay.
The best things about this place are that Ripley is going to get tons more exercise, and K and I are hopefully going to spend more time outside our house.  Since we'll be that much closer to the busy hotel row with its shops and restaurants, and "winter" is on its way (so the temperature might drop down to the low 80s more regularly), I hope this will mean more time outside and more exercise for us too. Indoor photos forthcoming once we move sometime at the end of October.

No comments: