Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We hope we're moving here

I know what you're thinking.  "Bethany, you just moved to Guam.  For heaven's sake, why are you moving again?"

As sane people, you ask very astute questions.  Why, indeed, would we want to move again?  I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.  And all of the people on the internet.  Suffice it to say our lease is up at our current place so the band is breaking up.  The good news is we'll be moving into a more private place, and hopefully this will help Ripley's separation anxiety since there will be fewer people for her to separate from on a daily basis.

K and I have been hunting for a new place for a couple weeks, and have gotten really close to sealing a deal on some new digs.  We've been able to work out a less than one-year lease, have negotiated having a dog, and have offered $500/mo under the listed price for the place.  The owner seems amenable to all these conditions.  The place has a new kitchen, lots of open space, and has a great view.  I'm wondering what's wrong with it that no one's snapped it up before now, but I guess we'll find out.  We should be moving in a month or so.

In the meantime, the only thing I can do to minimize the pain of packing and unpacking again is to focus on the view from our new living room/balcony.  The light wasn't great at this time of day to get the best shots, but I think you get the idea.  I wish I could fit them altogether in one panorama to give you the full effect.  It's pretty awesome. 
Left
Middle
Right
Sooo, it's a three bedroom place.  Any takers?  Free lodging, tropical island...

We decided to NOT go with the place that was directly ON the beach since it overlooked the zoo.  Not kidding.  We could hear monkeys and stuff from the balcony.  OOG.

This is the view from the WiFi enabled cafe that's right across the street from our hopefully new place.  You can actually see the cafe in the left shot and right on the left edge of the middle shot above. 
Tu Re Cafe porch
And finally, these pics are just for funsies.  My iPhone camera decided to go on an acid trip for two days, right before I wanted to take pictures of the view.  I had to go back and retake them to give you realistic images.  In case you're worried, my camera has come down now after hanging out in a safe room and not doing anything stupid.
Hooray for Apple forums. 

2 comments:

Erin said...

Did you get my text of the view from my office? As you can imagine, it was less breathtaking.

Mom said...

Hope this works out for you two. The view is amazing and it looks like you are high enough to be tsunami proof. =)