Monday, October 09, 2006

Car trouble

There seems to be something weird going on in the universe with respect to cars these days. First my coworker totalled his car leaving school at the beginning of the summer, then I totalled my car leaving work at the end of the summer, then another friend totalled her car not all that long ago, and finally, my good buddy had her car stolen from her condo parking lot. What gives? I guess this is how the car industry stays in business. I mean, if cars are super dependable and last a really long time, who needs to buy another one? Unless it gets crushed by some random bad driver, stolen by a joy rider, or you have a midlife crisis and decide you need to drive a European sports car (Kerriann, you do NOT need a Porsche).

The Matrix is awesome, by the way, and Ripley seems to be okay riding four feet away from me, in the very back hatch space. Much better than slip sliding around the entire back cargo area that exists upon folding down the back seats completely flat. While it's quite entertaining for me to slam on the brakes or drive in and out of my parking garage, she gets a bit upset. My little girl needs some security.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Can Kerriann buy a Porsche when she DOES reach mid-life? What about a BMW Z4? Or a Dodge Viper? No? How about she just gets a Lamborghini? A Mercedes SLK? A Lotus? A Corvette? A Ferrari? A Mazda Miata? A classic MG Midget? A Honda Insight!

Okay. Clearly, I have run out of two seaters. Actually, I'm not even sure they're all just two seaters.

Maybe she could buy a stock car and race it around in big left hand circles. That would be pretty sweet. I think she needs one of those.