Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ripley's first rude awakening


When it rains on Guam, there's not really any warning - or build up.  The sky just opens up and it pours.  You're soaked through in just a few moments, so there's really no reason to bother running for shelter.  You won't be any drier once you reach it than if you had just walked casually, but you will be hotter from exerting yourself in the heat.  

My dog is not aware enough to realize this, however, and she hates the rain.  So this morning when she was dry one moment and getting drenched the next, her brain sort of short circuited.  I can't remember the last time I laughed as hard as I did watching her try to shake, run, and look back at me all at the same time trying to figure out why I wasn't moving faster.  

Ripley, the moral of the story is be less picky about where you do your doggie business so you can stay close to the car.

1 comment:

yun said...

that is hilarious! i can just see ripley doing that!