Sunday, July 03, 2011

Yin and Yang


Light and darkness. Good and evil. Protons and electrons. Waking and sleeping. Definite opposites, two sides of the same coin, and we need both to function in the world.

While I woke up this morning at 4:30 AM instead of 2:30, I was able to fall back asleep until 9:30 after putting the A/C on and hydrating a bit. I had my best night's sleep yet since my arrival in Guam, though the battle with jetlag continues. Kerriann, who has had no problem sleeping since we got here, woke up with me but could not fall back asleep.

So what was the independent variable? We slept with the window shutters open to allow the rising sun to enter the Batcave in the morning to help with melatonin production stoppage. A side effect was that the traffic light outside the window projected an alternating red, yellow, and green patch of light on the wall of our room all night. Causation or correlation? More experimentation may be needed, as I need to isolate the A/C and fluid variables for myself. K did nothing different, however. She's convinced it's the shutters.

So the battle of wills begins.
I'm tempted to make a cutout for the window to have a real bat signal on the wall.

No comments: